Youth United Way Program
Applications Now being Accepted for our FREE 2023 Youth United Way Program!
Application Deadline: February 10, 2023
Our 2023 Youth United Way of Lake County (YUW) kicks off Sunday, February 9! It is a fantastic youth directed initiative designed to teach students how to mobilize community resources to make a positive impact through the spirit of service. This youth program is for students in grades 9 - 12 who are interested in developing leadership skills while learning about community needs and volunteer opportunities. Students engage in site visits to local non-profit agencies where they learn about the services they provide and the clients they serve. The program takes place over 5 sessions culminating with the opportunity for students to take what they've learned, collaborate with one another, and decide which non-profit programs in Lake County will receive real money funding.
Interested students should apply now! The application deadline is February 10, 2023.
The program objective includes teaching students how to:
- Develop and nurture leadership skills through teamwork, problem solving and compromise.
- Connect with community leaders across Lake County
- Develop a sense of philanthropic ownership in the community
- Improve the community through youth-led service projects
- Create an understanding about programs and services offered in Lake County
- Learn about and implement the process of allocating funds
- Nurture the importance of keeping youth and community connected
- Gain professional experiences through networking and effective decision making.
2023 Youth United Way Program Session Schedule/Agenda
Students meet at the United Way of Lake County office prior to departing for each off-site visit. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from our United Way office. We provide transportation to the various off-site locations we'll be visiting as part of the program. The address of each off-site location is listed in the below session schedule, or will be provided at a later date.
Attire: Students are asked to wear comfortable clothing for all sessions except the last session. The last session is the allocation session which will be set up as a board meeting. For this, please wear business attire.
Questions: Contact Jean Sency at 440-639-1286 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brochure: Click here for a copy of our brochure.
Take a look at what previous Youth United Way students had to say about their experience: