United Way of Lake County is Independently Operated & Governed from All Other United Ways - What Does this Mean?
All United Ways are independently operated and governed. This allows us to best serve the individual and varied needs of the communities we each operate within. In our case, this is Lake County.
As a member of United Way Worldwide (UWW), we pay dues for the privilege of the United Way brand and access to UWW resources. This does not include access to funds. Because we are independently operated and governed, we do not receive any funds from UWW or any other United Way, unless a donor explicitly requests this. Contributions must be raised on a local level to support those in need within our own community of Lake County.
United Way of Lake County - A Trusted Member of Lake County.
- We have been a trusted member of Lake County since 1922.
- We are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- We offer our supporters accountability, efficiency and transparency. Our funding allocations and financials can all be found on our website.
- We are proud to merit a Platinum rating, the highest rating level from GuideStar, the world’s largest source of information on non-profit organizations. We are also proud to merit a 4-Star rating from Charity Navigator, the highest rating. And this is important, because our donors have the right to know that our transparency is intentional.
- We are proud to maintain an operations budget that is below industry standards and recommendations.
- We help many other local non-profits maintain low overhead rates due to the nature of our work. The allocations we provide allow our partner agencies to focus on servicing Lake County’s most vulnerable residents.
At United Way of Lake County, we go after our community’s toughest challenges and work toward changing the odds for our community's most vulnerable residents. Our goal is to drive measurable, long-term impact among the three areas of focus our community has identified as critical in the areas of health, education and financial stability – the building blocks for a good quality life and a stronger, inclusive community.
We are United Way of Lake County. We are Changing the Odds.