Current United Way of Lake County Job Opportunities
Position Title: Volunteer & Event Manager, United Way of Lake County
Reports To: President/CEO
United Way of Lake County, Inc. is a local, independent branch of United Way Worldwide. We are a health and human services-based organization whose mission is "To measurably improve the quality of people's lives in Lake County". We fund more than 70 programs at nearly 40 local agencies and strive on a daily basis for excellence and transparency in community development and fundraising. We are a certified 501c (3) under the US tax code.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteer and Event Manager will be responsible for planning, leading and executing United Way Lake County’s events and volunteer efforts. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have excellent project management skills and possess a passion for continuous improvement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with Development Director and Marketing/ Communications Director to implement volunteer engagement and event plans that align with organizational goals.
• Work cross-functionally with other staff members and departments to establish goals, develop messaging and execute all assigned tactics.
• Ensure timely deployment of initiatives by managing partners/vendors, budgets, timelines and processes.
• Work with Marketing/ Communications Director to provide promotion content.
• Monitor, track and report engagement/results, making improvement recommendations based on analysis.
• Serve as the liaison to affinity groups and ensure coordination of events as a part of a comprehensive resource development plan
• Work with the Community Impact team, handling volunteer engagement, project logistics and day-of implementation for all events utilizing volunteers.
• Work in partnership with community impact team to oversee and implement volunteer-driven program initiatives, such as emergency/disaster relief services, education programs and food giveaways, to ensure implementation success. Recruit volunteers as needed and manage volunteers accordingly.
• Handle all day-to-day operations to execute full-scale events program. Ensure efficient timeline, successful delivery and proper evaluation of outcomes. Event types include, but are not limited to, fundraising events, volunteer events, partner events and in-person/virtual meetings.
EXPERIENCE/ POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• 3+ years of experience and/or training in event planning and implementation, marketing and communications experience a plus.
• Proven track record successfully creating, managing, and implementing events and working with outside vendors and sponsors.
• Proficient computer skills and knowledge of relevant software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, online meeting platforms (i.e. Teams/ zoom) and web platforms, Adobe Creative Cloud and graphic design skills a plus.
• Highly organized and analytical with a growth mindset.
• Ability to establish strong internal and external relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-focused, strong cross-functional project management skills.
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills; ability to handle ambiguity and uncertainty.
• Professional in appearance and manner.
• Works well with people, team player, able to take direction and work independently.
• Possesses high moral and ethical standards.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Thrive in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills
• History of developing partnerships, building teams, and managing conflict
• Committed to exploring new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems
• Integrity, authentic, trustworthy, honest, accountable, strong ethics and values, professionalism
• Exhibit passion, high energy, and work ethic, and oriented to action and results
• Innovative and creative thinker and decision maker
• Have a genuine interest in improving our community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Typical physical work demands require, but not limited to, ability to sit, stand, lift, move objects, walk, drive. The employee may need to be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
TRAVEL: Travel is primarily local and happens during work hours, with the occasional night event.
Work Schedule: Office hours are flexible but are to include a minimum of 40 hours per week of work, not including lunches and breaks. There are occasions when early morning, evening and weekend work is necessary.
How to apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.