25th Annual Feed Lake County Food & Fundraising Drive
Help us Feed Lake County During our 25th Annual Food Drive & Fundraiser from March 1 - April 16
.Why Your Help is So Very Important:
1 in 8 Lake County residents struggle with hunger.
20,848 Lake County residents live in poverty (9.2%). 6,142 are children and 2,322 are seniors.
28,410 residents live with food insecurity (19.8% of children).
18,672 residents rely on SNAP benefits (food stamps).
8,488 Calls were made in 2016 to 2-1-1 for Food Assistance (+68% from 6 years ago).
The food items and money raised during our annual Feed Lake County food drive help more than 50 food pantries and agencies throughout Lake County.
These food pantries and agencies depend upon community efforts to help feed families, children and senior citizens in need. They depend upon United Way of Lake County. We depend on you.
All food and dollars raised in Lake County stay in Lake County.
Last Year, with the help of community, we helped feed Lake County by:
- Providing over 50 local food pantries with enough food for 208,524 meals to feed our hungry.
- Providing much needed formula to 375 babies.
- Helping to provide 38,000 congregate meals to our seniors.
Did you know that you can provide 4 meals for every $1 donated! This means:
- A $25 donation provides 100 meals
- A $50 donation provides 200 meals
- A $100 donation provides 400 meals
- A $250 donation provides 1,000 meals
- A $500 donation provides 2,000 meals
Take a look at the following Hunger in Lake County infographic (Click on the image to enlarge & print):
Will you please join us by making a donation or running a food drive?