United Way of Lake County Volunteerism
Volunteers are the backbone of United Way of Lake County. United Way of Lake County's mission to measurably improve the quality of people's lives in Lake County is fueled by those who bring passion, expertise and resources to make it all happen. Please consider giving some of your time by serving as a volunteer.
Volunteer opportunities vary throughout the year. Below is a list of a few ways you may donate your time.
- Become a member of one of United Way of Lake County's two affinity groups - Women United or Emerging Leaders
- Volunteer to assist with our annual Feed Lake County food drive each spring. Volunteers are needed for a variety of areas including promoting our food drives, running food drives, picking up food from groups and organizations who have implemented food drives, and helping to sort food at our distribution center, etc.
- Assist with our general food distributions (heavy lifting involved) that take place several times throughout the year.
- Volunteer to assist with mass mailings which includes stuffing and sorting envelopes and collateral material.
- Take part in our Loaned Executive Volunteer Program.
- Help out at company events.
- Become a member of our Community Investment Committee. Donations made to us are used to fund the most critical issues facing our community, which is where our Community Investment Volunteers come in. The goal is to ensure we fund only programs that are effective, efficient and result in positive outcomes that benefit residents in need.This committee typically begins meeting in February/March of each year and runs through June. Sign ups for this are generally accepted every year in January. As a committee volunteer you will:
- Gain an understanding of issues facing our community
- Expand your personal & professional networks
- Represent and provide stewardship for United Way of Lake County donors
- Make a lasting difference in our community.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the below form and one of our team members will get back with you! Questions? email email@example.com.