26th Annual Feed Lake County Food & Fundraising Drive February 12, 2018 - May 17, 2018
- Organize a food drive at your organization and then donate the food items and money collected to United Way of Lake County. To sign up to participate in a food or fundraising drive, contact Jodi Matsko at 440.639.1236 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a monetary donation to United Way of Lake County. You may click here to donate online or mail a check made payable to United Way of Lake County to United Way of Lake County, 9285 Progress Parkway, Mentor, OH 44060. Please make a notation when sending a check that it is for our Feed Lake County program.
- Drop off any food donations to the above listed location or make arrangements to have your donation picked up by contacting Jodi Matsko at 440.639.1236 or via email at email@example.com.
- Eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of 40 participating restaurants during our Dine-to-Donate community-wide restaurant event on Tuesday, April 10, 2018. Click here for a list of all participating restaurants.
- Volunteer. If you or someone you know is interested in helping us sort food items we could really use your help! If interested, please contact Jodi Matsko at 440.639.1236 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giving comes with many rewards - including the opportunity to WIN an LG 65" CLASS 4K UHD HDR SMART LED TV!
We're very excited to inform you that this year's food drive comes with an added bonus for donors! For EVERY $5 contributed, you will received one contest entry for a chance to win an LG 65" CLASS 4K UHD HDR SMART LED TV! Each contest entry you earn will be entered separately into the contest! The contest runs through May 17, 2018 and the winner will be selected on or about May 18, 2018.
Why donations of food and money are so very important:
1 in 8 Lake County residents struggle with hunger.
20,848 Lake County residents live in poverty (9.2%). 6,142 are children and 2,322 are seniors.
28,410 residents live with food insecurity. That's 12.4% of the population. Of the residents who suffer, 19.8% of them are children.
18,672 residents rely on SNAP benefits (food stamps). That's 8% of Lake County's population.
25% of school-aged children qualify for free and reduced-price meals.
9,341 incoming inquiries for food assistance were answered by 2-1-1 in 2017. Inquiries for food ranked #1 among all inquiries received by 2-1-1.
The food items and money raised during our annual Feed Lake County food drive help more than 50 food pantries and agencies throughout Lake County. These food pantries and agencies depend upon community efforts to help feed families, children and senior citizens in need. They depend upon United Way of Lake County. We depend on you.
All food and dollars raised in Lake County stay in Lake County.
Last year, with the help of our community, we helped fight hunger and feed those suffering from food insecurity by:
- Providing over 50 local food pantries with enough food for 204,966 meals to help feed our hungry.
- Providing much needed formula to the parents of 284 babies.
- Helping to provide 28,566 congregate meals to Lake County seniors.
Take a look at the following Hunger in Lake County infographic (Click on the image to enlarge & print):
This year's Feed Lake County Food Drive & Fundraiser is Kindly Sponsored by: