Your Contribution Impacts Hunger in Lake County
Did you know that nearly 1 in 9 Lake County residents suffer from food insecurity? Inquiries for food rank #1 among all inquiries Lifeline receives? Please help us send children to school with full bellies, end the tears of crying babies in need of formula, put a stop to the hunger pangs suffered by seniors and the families and single mothers who have fallen on hard times and don't know where their next meal will come from
Take a look at how many meals a gift from you will provide for those suffering from hunger in Lake County:
Every $5 donated is enough to provide 20 meals:
- A $10 donation is enough to provide 40 meals
- A $15 donation is enough to provide 60 meals
- A $25 donation is enough to provide 100 meals
- A $50 donation is enough to provide 200 meals
- A $100 donation is enough to provide 400 meals
How many meals are you able to help us provide for someone in need? Every dollar donated impacts a life right here in Lake County. Act now to give.
Hunger in Lake County - The Facts:
- 1 in nearly 9 Lake County residents struggle with hunger.
- 19,231 Lake County residents live in poverty (8%). 5,337 are children and 3,623 are seniors.
- 25,410 residents live with food insecurity. That's 11% of the population.
- 8,520 incoming inquiries for food assistance were received by Lifeline in 2018. Inquiries for food rank #1 among all inquiries they receive.
- families, children senior citizens
- All food and dollars raised in Lake County stay in Lake County.
Some of the many faces of hunger in Lake County:
|Henry is 5. If it weren't for the local food pantry his mother visits, he would go to bed hungry more often than he already does. His mother Cathy is struggling to keep a roof over his head in the small Wickliffe apartment they share and cannot afford groceries on a regular basis. She's been homeless before but is determined to never let this happen again. Cathy is grateful for the support she receives from her local food bank. Her local food bank is grateful for the food they receive from us.|
Gracie is 82 years old and lives alone in the home she and her husband shared in Mentor for 50 years. Her husband passed away two years ago and her grown children do not live nearby to be able to offer support. Gracie lives on a meager budget and most of it is spent on medication. As her cost of living and meds continue to rise, she relies on her church's food bank for help. Her church's food bank relies on us.
Linda is a 32 year old single mother who lives in Madison with her two children, ages 4 and 6. She has fallen on hard times. Linda does not receive child support and her hours at work were recently cut to part-time. She cannot make ends meet and is never sure where meals for her children will come from next. Linda relies on her local food pantry for help. Her local food pantry relies on us.
Luke worked hard for the same company for 30 years before being laid off at 46 years old. He's been searching for a new job for 8 months with no luck. Lifeline's 2-1-1 help hotline referred Luke and his family to a local food kitchen in Painesville and they are thankful for the warm meals they have access to until they get back on their feet. The local food kitchen is thankful to us for helping them stock their shelves with food to feed Luke and his family and hundreds more like them.
We Help People. Will you join us? Click Here Now to Give.