Romona Robinson, News Anchor of WOIO-TV 19, Delivers Heartwarming Account of Her Life as Keynote
United Way of Lake County Announced Residents in Need Benefited from 91,971 Services
Mentor, OH (April 18, 2018) – United Way of Lake County’s (UWLC) 2017 Campaign Chair, Mark Sutherland, Vice President of Public Affairs for The Lubrizol Corporation and President of The Lubrizol Foundation, closed the 2017 campaign at today’s annual meeting luncheon.
Sutherland announced that 91,971 services were provided to residents in need through United Way of Lake County’s support of agency programs. He also announced that $2,415,691 was raised at the close of today’s 2017 campaign.
In addition to the 91,971 services provided, Sutherland announced that UWLC provided over 50 local food pantries with enough food for nearly 205,000 meals throughout 2017.
“This is a wonderful win for our community,” said UWLC President & CEO Jennifer McCarty. “We’re proud of the work we do to uplift our community, including those in our county who struggle with food insecurity.”
According to McCarty, “I couldn’t be more grateful to Mark for the way he and his organization stepped up in support of our campaign. We raised a lot of new dollars this year and Mark was an integral part of making this happen.”
Sutherland said, “It has been an honor to serve our community in this role. I’ve been moved by the impact that can be made when Lake County’s businesses, organizations, agencies and residents join together to uplift Lake County’s most vulnerable residents. We would all be surprised at how real the needs are for many in our county. I plan to continue my support of United Way of Lake County and urge others to join me. United Way is the best way to help the most people.”
Nearly two hundred and fifty people turned out for the luncheon at The American-Croatian Lodge in Eastlake where Chairman of the Board, Robert Lee of Lincoln Electric, passed the gavel to his successor Kathleen Buse, PhD of Advancing Women in STEM.
Event highlights included:
Romona Robinson of WOIO-TV 19 and author of A Dirt Road to Somewhere served as the keynote speaker. Autographed copies of her book were available to guests following the program.
Recognition of outgoing board members:
- Cathy Bush, Lakeland Community College
- Greg Lieb, The Lubrizol Corporation, retired
- Kay Malec, Community Volunteer
- Frank McGorty, De Nora Tech, retired
- John Shepard, Fine Arts Association
Recognition of UWLC’s full board:
- Chair: Kathleen Buse PhD, Advancing Women in STEM
- 1st Vice Chair: Scott J. Marn, CFP®, AAMS®, Benjamin F. Edwards & Co.
- 2nd Vice Chair: Amy Olbrysh, Component Repair Technologies
- Treasurer: Scot Park, Artower
- Immediate Past Chair: Robert Lee, Lincoln Electric
- Todd Alishusky, Sheet Metal Workers Local #33
- Karen Allen, The Lubrizol Corporation
- Morris Beverage III, Lighthouse Advisers
- Tom Brew, Britton Gallagher
- Rick Busby, The Rogers Group
- Tom Brew, Britton Gallagher
- Sean Campbell, Laborers Local #310
- Rick Cicero, Lake Health
- Jim Clements, Catholic Charities
- Ellen Foley Kessler, WINT Integrity Radio
- Brandi Haught, KeyBank
- Daphne Hunter, The Lubrizol Corporation
- Jeremy Iosue, Harvey Abens Iosue Co., LPA
- Al Jones, Lake County NAACP
- Jennifer McCarty, United Way of Lake County
- Kim Moses, Calfee, Halter and Griswold
- Kathy Peterson, Community Volunteer
- Amber Thomas, Crossroads
- Mary Rossoll, Avery Dennison
- Ron Traub, City of Mentor
- Kim Trowbridge-Perry, Applied Sciences & Engineering Inc.
Announcement and presentation of UWLC’s Gus Gehring award for excellence in volunteerism and leadership to Rick Cicero of Lake Health.
Announcement and presentation of UWLC’s Matt Logies award for giving, advocating, and volunteering – the very foundation UWLC is built upon - to Scott J. Marn, CFP, AAMS of Benjamin F. Edwards.
Announcement and presentation of Woman Leader of the Year award to Kathleen Buse, PhD of Advancing Women in STEM.
Announcement and presentation of Young Leader of the Year award to Brandi Haught of KeyBank.
Announcement and presentation of Power of One award to Greg Lieb, The Lubrizol Corporation, retired.
Announcement and presentation of Outstanding Advocate of the Year award to Lovii Marie.
The luncheon also included recognition of the companies, organizations and individuals who have supported UWLC in their fight for the health, education and financial stability of Lake County’s most vulnerable residents.
The Lubrizol Corporation and Lake Health, both long-time supporters of UWLC, sponsored the annual meeting. Lubrizol took home many awards for the large contribution they made.
# # #