Programs seeking UW funding first submits a letter of inquiry to our organization. This then is forwarded to the appropriate solution panel depending on what needs the particular program is seeking to meet.
The four Solutions Panels:
Supporting Seniors, Health & Wellness, Children & Families, and Basic Needs, these panels meet monthly and are comprised of community volunteer. Solutions Panels discuss priority community needs, identify gaps or additional funding needs with established programs, and are responsible for reviewing funding inquiries to the United Way.
Solutions Panels have three funding routes that they may consider:
- A decline to recommend the proposed program for funding consideration.
- Fund the proposed program for funding through the Solutions Panel for up to 3 years with no guarantee of continuous funding.
- Recommend the program to the Core Funding Committee for yearly, funding consideration where the program will be reviewed for the following:
- Does the program meet an identified community need?
- Does the program deliver sound outcome measurements?
- Does the program run efficiently and effectively?