Your gift matters now more than ever to resource strapped families in Lake County who have been hit hard by the economic impact of the pandemic. Many more residents who have never struggled before are hurting and need our help for the first time as well. If you are in a position to do so, please give now.
Having food to eat shouldn’t be anyone’s idea of the perfect gift. No one should have to choose between paying their rent or utility bills, buying needed medication or ensuring their children don’t go to bed hungry. Sadly, this is the somber reality faced by 34.5% of Lake County households, 27% of whom get up and go to work each day but still struggle to survive.* And the pandemic has only intensified this struggle, making our plea for your help more imperative than ever before.
Our community is facing the challenge of a lifetime. If you are in a position to do so, please consider making a gift today. If you or someone you know is struggling, please click here for help & resources.
Why United Way of Lake County?
United Way of Lake County has been responding to our community's most pressing needs for nearly 100 years. COVID-19 is a new challenge for us; but we’re up for it. We were built for this. As soon as the pandemic began affecting our community, we pivoted to mobilize resources and raise funds for emergency financial assistance. But we can't do it alone. Together we will overcome this health and economic crisis.
Respond. Recover. Reimagine. Rebuild.
- As a leader in our community, our ability to convene partners, providers and resources is unparalleled. In large part, this is due to the generosity of Lake County businesses, residents, agencies and organizations who are eager to join us and work hand in hand.
- We were able to meet the many critical needs initially brought on by the pandemic due to our ability to quickly adapt to the needs of our community and mobilize resources. Take a look at the many programs and services we rallied to support and provide to help the countless number of families, children, seniors and people struggling to survive during this unprecedented time.
- As unemployment and critical needs continue to grow, so has the need for your help. Now more than ever, we must rise, join together, and meet the enormous burdens exacerbated by the pandemic.
The Tough Work that's Needed to Help Those Struggling in Lake County is the Very Work We Do Every Day with the Donations We Receive
- We help feed our community's hungry.
- We connect those in financial distress with resources to pay bills and stay in their homes.
- We help make it possible for those in need to obtain free medical and dental care, free prescriptions and mental health counseling.
- We prepare children for success in school, work and life.
- A large majority of individuals in need require help from multiple programs and services, as opposed to just one. Our partner agencies rely heavily on the funds and support we provide. The programs they offer depend on it. We depend on you. When you invest in United Way of Lake County, your gift helps assure the availability of an entire network of services that no one agency alone can provide. If your focus is on the whole community, tackling new and emerging critical issues like those we're facing today, and funding programs that solve community-wide problems, then a gift directly to United Way of Lake County is the best way to help the most people.
Beyond Response and Recovery.
This crisis hasn’t happened in a vacuum. We already know the need is enormous and will continue to be greater and more sustained than ever before. We understand that many are still facing everyday disasters ― like food insecurity, lack of access to medicine and financial instability ― and these needs have only grown worse. At United Way of Lake County, we are in it for the long haul, bringing people together to help our community recover, rebuild and thrive.
Please Join Us.
Now more than ever before, we need your support to do what we do best during desperate times. We work to help our community respond, recover, rebuild and reimagine for the long term. The fight is not over. Our goal is to provide relief and hope for a better tomorrow to our many friends and neighbors struggling to stay afloat and ensure their families basic needs are met.
A donation of $10, $25, $50, $100 or more will transform lives and allow us to help meet the groundswell of needs. Any amount you can contribute, from $5 to $500, will make a difference.
And your gift to United Way of Lake County is tax deductible – you may even be able to further maximize your gift with the new universal charitable deduction!